[ft] Positive or negative bitmap pitch

From: Crend King
Subject: [ft] Positive or negative bitmap pitch
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 02:20:08 -0400

Hello. I would like to know when do functions such as FT_Glyph_To_Bitmap return
bitmap with positive and negative pitch. In my experience, most time the pitch
is positive, meaning a top-down flow. I also looked up source code. In
ftbitmap.c, I found "if ( pitch < 0 ) pitch = -pitch;", also indicating a
positive pitch. My project mostly deals with TrueType fonts, so if I know the
pitch is always positive in this situation, I could simplify the algorithm.

Thanks a lot!