Re: [ft] Porting Freetype to Go

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [ft] Porting Freetype to Go
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 09:57:17 -0400

Nigel Tao wrote:
Hello.

I'm porting the Freetype library to the Go programming language
(http://golang.org/). This is a pure Go implementation, not a Go
wrapper around the C library. Amongst other things, Go is a safer
programming language: it has pointers but no pointer arithmetic, it is
garbage collected, variables are zero-initialized, and array accesses
are bounds-checked.

Sounds really slow.  :-)

The port is very much a work in progress, but I've just made my first check-in.
http://code.google.com/p/freetype-go/

cheers,
Nigel.