Re: [ft] FT_Glyph_Get_CBox inaccuracy

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] FT_Glyph_Get_CBox inaccuracy
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 21:38:22 +0100 (CET)

> Basically, it'd be nice to have a function that returns the
> pre-rasterised coordinates, so that a programmer has more accurate
> numbers to work with.

Pre-rasterized coordinates of what?

> Knowing the desired font point size and dots per inch will then
> allow a programmer (if they so choose) to do any custom arithemetic
> to determine the "true" bounding box in whatever raster the text
> will end up in.

???  What do you mean with `custom arithmetic'?  You've lost me here.
Please give a small example to demonstrate what you want to do.

> Esssentially, getting the bounding box in pixel units with the
> implicit promise that things will go wrong without a way to obtain
> the pre-rounding data [...]

But you *can* obtain the point coordinates before rounding by
selecting the proper FT_LOAD_XXX flags while calling FT_Load_Glyph!
How do you get the impression that this isn't possible?

It seems that we are completely miscommunicating.