[ft] wrong bbox values..

From: samaram s
Subject: [ft] wrong bbox values..
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 11:29:01 -0500

Hi,
Can anybody please explain me why is it so?

Pen.x = 1*64;
Pen.y= 1*64;
bbox = [0 1 5 9]      Unicode Val = 66(character f)
bbox = [1 -1 7 7]      Unicode Val = 67(character g)
bbox = [1 1 7 9]      Unicode Val = 68(character h)

Pen.x=0;
Pen.y=0;
bbox = [-1 0 4 8]      Unicode Val = 66
bbox = [0 -2 6 6]      Unicode Val = 67
bbox = [0 0 6 8]      Unicode Val = 68

When i changed my pen position to start from 0 index,Why my xmin value is negative?

Also,
I assumed xmin as offset x.But where is when i see distance between char g and h it is just 1 pixel. but for h and g it is 2 pixels gap.
What does xmin represents? If i would like to know the distance ( i mean offset) between two glyphs,how can i find out?

Could anyone please let me know?

Thanks,
Sam.