[ft] Slim down FreeType2

From: Aya Koshigaya
Subject: [ft] Slim down FreeType2
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 18:50:39 +0200

Hi,

as far as I know, FreeType2 is built up in different modules, so I could remove everything I don't need, right? I have written my own Managment system for the fonts etc.. so all I need is the rasterized bitmap for a given unicode character and the measurements (Advance, Bearing etc) for it.

All FreeType functions I use in my code are:

  FT_Init_FreeType
  FT_New_Face
  FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes
  FT_Load_Char

Together with these variables:

  FT_Library
  FT_GlyphSlot
  FT_Bitmap
  FT_Face

And I need only support for TrueType Fonts (*.ttf or *.otf).

But I don't know what I can remove and what is needed..
In the src-directory are a lot of sub-directorys.. which one are needed for what I want to do? And if I remove them, how do I tell FreeType that I removed some of the modules so I don't get compile-errors?

Thanks,
Aya