RE: [ft] Drawing chinese text with FreeType on OpenGL

From: Erik Möller
Subject: RE: [ft] Drawing chinese text with FreeType on OpenGL
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 17:20:42 +0100

Hi Stanley,

I think if you want some help from this list the easiest way is to write a
minimal app that loads a font, draws a glyph and then dumps it to a TGA. You
should be able to accomplish that in less than 100 lines of code and you
might even find that you work it out yourself while doing that little
exercise... if not I'll be happy to compile it and see if I can figure out
what's going wrong... not that I'm an expert on the topic or know a single
Chinese character for that matter :)

If you're not familiar with dumping to a TGA you can copy-paste some code
from this example: http://freetype.org/freetype2/docs/tutorial/example2.cpp

Cheers,

Erik Möller,
Timetrap