[ft] Compound bitmaps

From: Alexey Kryukov
Subject: [ft] Compound bitmaps
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 00:33:51 +0300

Hi Werner,

I have nearly finished a patch for FontForge which will enable output
of compound bitmaps (EBDT format 8 and 9). When doing some tests
I noticed the support for this format is broken in the current Freetype
version: ftview either crashes on my test fonts or displays a garbage,
while everything works correctly in Windows. The problem is that the
main cycle in blit_sbit () (in ttsbit.c) makes too many iterations:
it actually needs the count of lines in the source bitmap rather than
in the target image.

I am attaching the patch which resolved the problem for me.

Alexey Kryukov <anagnost at yandex dot ru>

Moscow State University
Historical Faculty