Re: [ft] Vert advance on line break

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Vert advance on line break
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 09:16:17 +0100 (CET)

> It might be a good idea to write some of the above in the glyph
> conventions or tutorial docs.

Do you volunteer?  Just send diffs :-)

> I know that technically the docs already say most of that, but I
> think it might be in a too "compressed" form since it looks like I
> am not the only one who didn't get it.

Now you hopefully understand it, so you are in the best position to
fix the places in the docs which caused confusion.

> Actually this is becoming quite interesting. Are there any good
> sources on the internet, and also books regarding digital typography
> that you would recommend?

What exactly do you mean `digital typography'?  You might look up the
archives of TUGboat, the magazine of the TeX Users' Group, which gives
plenty of details on typesetting with TeX and general typesetting
issues.

  http://tug.org/TUGboat/contents.html

> A "for further reading" list might be nice.  I bet a lot of things
> written in the books are actually quite different in practice :)

Again, please send a diff which I can incorporate.