Re: [ft] ftmac.c

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft] ftmac.c
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 16:17:51 +0900

Hi, I'm a maintainer of ftmac.c in FreeType2.

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 09:02:58 +0200
Hartwig Wiesmann <address@hidden> wrote:

>I have found two time the file ftmac.cp in the directory structure:
>
>  - src/base/ftmac.c
>  - builds/mac/ftmac.c
>
>The one in builds/mac seems to be older than the one in src/base but
>do I need the one in builds/mac anywhere?

src/base/ftmac.c is only for Mac OS X and does not
work with Classic MacOS anymore. If you build FreeType
via command line on Mac OS X, src/base/ftmac.c is used.

builds/mac/ftmac.c supports both of Mac OS X and Classic
MacOS, but it includes countless ifdef conditionals
and difficult for recent Mac OS X users to maintain.
If you build FreeType by MPW, builds/mac/ftmac.c is used.

In future, src/base/ftmac.c would be removed and
builds/mac/ftmac.c would be left, because Mac OS X enables
to implement important features of ftmac.c with only
POSIX, and without Carbon frameworks.

Regards,
mpsuzuki