Re: [ft] Optimizer problem? (FT2.3.7 + GCC4.2.3)

From: Ian Britten
Subject: Re: [ft] Optimizer problem? (FT2.3.7 + GCC4.2.3)
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:11:51 -0300

address@hidden wrote:

When I run our unit tests on box #1, they crash, down inside
FTC_CMapCache_Lookup()

Interesting. I wish if I could reproduce the problem.

Ok, I think I might have something that I can hand off...
[ Again, I'm using GCC 4.2.3, which is the version that came
preinstalled with this distribution.  I haven't had a chance to
try any other version(s) ]

I built a stand-alone debug version of FT+ft2demos, and when I
run:
      ./ftview 10 /usr/share/fonts/TTF/Vera.ttf
it runs without any problems.

I built a stand-alone optimized (-O3) version of FT+ft2demos,
and  when I run:
      ./ftview 10 /usr/share/fonts/TTF/Vera.ttf
it crashes.

Unfortunately, I don't have any details yet, so I'm not sure if
this is the same problem I'm encountering, or something different.

[ It seems ftview is just a script, so I can't debug/Valgrind it
directly, and running the .libs/ftview version directly doesn't
seem to work correctly.  I'll try to distill the critical bits out
of the script so I can get it into the debugger, but if someone
can suggest an easy way to debug ftview, that'd help... ]

Hope this helps - I'll let you know if find anything else.
Ian