[ft] freetype related? problem in typo3

From: Arne Kaiser
Subject: [ft] freetype related? problem in typo3
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 10:37:12 +0200

Hi
I have following problem with a fresh webserver install with freebsd 7 and
freetype 2.3.7 (but I tested with older versions as well)

Rendering TTF Fonts for menu buttons from ttf fonts is of poor Quality. The
same site running on another server is working fine with the same versions
of involved software (eg. gd lib 2.0.34, php5.2.6 apache2.2.8).
I compiled from source with and without TrueType Bytecode Interpreter but
the result is the same.
Is there any possibility to test the freetype install to sort out who is the
victim?

TIA

Arne