[ft] syntax error in header file: keyword used as a struct field

From: mikau16
Subject: [ft] syntax error in header file: keyword used as a struct field
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 12:54:34 -0700 (PDT)

I have been unable to successfully compile a file that includes freetype.h
because that file uses both 'generic' and 'internal' to name two fields of a
struct. I find it odd that this problem is not showing up for many other
people. I found only two posts on the web complaining about the same thing.
One suggested solution is to use '#define ' to change the generic keyword,
before including the header file, and then using 'undef' immediately after.
But I'm worried that might cause problems to show up later.

Does anyone know how best to handle this issue?