Re: [ft] freetype+gd with mac fonts?

From: George Williams
Subject: Re: [ft] freetype+gd with mac fonts?
Date: 04 Jul 2008 12:26:51 -0700

On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 05:40, Aaron Winborn wrote:
> That probably explains a lot. I'm running this on a linux web server. Is
> there anything I can do to merge the files into something that can be
> read by PHP in linux?
Linux does have support for HFS systems, but the program still needs to
know how to modify the filename to get a resource fork. FreeType can do
that magic.
  Binhex and macbinary are formats that can flatten the mac's multi-fork
structure into a single file -- but again your program needs to know how
to parse these files to get the relevant data out of them.