Re: [ft] -lz missing in freetype.pc

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] -lz missing in freetype.pc
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:29:51 +0200 (CEST)

> I came upon the fact that freetype-devel-2.3.5-3.fc8 ships with
> freetyp2.pc which does not have the -lz....  As a result, the build
> of matplotlib is incomplete.  Is this a bug or a feature?

It depends on the way the FreeType package has been built.  Here's the
input file for freetype2.pc:

  address@hidden@
  address@hidden@
  address@hidden@
  address@hidden@

  Name: FreeType 2
  Version: @ft_version@
  Requires:
  Libs: -L${libdir} -lfreetype @LIBZ@ @FT2_EXTRA_LIBS@
  Cflags: -I${includedir}/freetype2 -I${includedir}

As you can see, if `LIBZ' is defined, it is added appropriately.  I
thus consider this a packaging problem of your distribution.