[ft] Retrieving detailed info for fonts

From: Mr. Delphi Developer
Subject: [ft] Retrieving detailed info for fonts
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 06:00:36 -0700 (PDT)

http://theshipmanfamily.com/FontInfo.png

Above is URL to a screenshot of the info on the Arial Font that a
utility named The Font Thing creates. This utility is old and does not
support Open Type Fonts. The author is nowhere to be found and I want
to write a utility that does the same job as this one but support OTF
and Type 1 fonts.

Anyone know how to get all that info from a particular font file?

I know about LOGFONT and TEXTMETRICS but there is other info on that
screen that I have no idea where it came from. I have found nothing in
my searches.

Can FreeType be used for this purpose and can anyone help out??

Be a better friend, newshound, and