Re: [ft] Idea for way of enabling subpixel hinting

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [ft] Idea for way of enabling subpixel hinting
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 16:25:46 +0200

Hello Rafal,

unfortunately, implementing your idea means that we would be distributing
patent-infringing code, even if the configuration option is not enabled.

the current scheme is really the only reasonable alternative, due to the
current patent regime. Blame it on the laws, not the technology.

Hope this helps,

- David Turner