[ft] How to build freetype under linux?

From: PDFPedia
Subject: [ft] How to build freetype under linux?
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 00:17:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, everyone.
I am building an app under linux and this app will call freetype static lib
which customed by myself,on the other hand this app will call the freetype
dynamic lib of linux system,so, the problem is how to avoid the step into
the wrong function.
I means that when i want to call FT_Init_FreeType() belong to my freetype
lib it should not call the same name function in
linux system.I have changed the static freetype lib name and it don't
work.Should i chang all the function and type name in my static freetype
lib?
thanks!