Re: [ft] FreeType 2.3.0 release candidate 2 available

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] FreeType 2.3.0 release candidate 2 available
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 08:27:26 +0100 (CET)

> Very minor nitpick, checking out from CVS I had to chmod +x
> autogen.sh before running it.

(a) This is intentional to avoid accidental run of it (with file
managers like `mc' this happens very easily).  (b) It's only possible
as an admin to change permission bits in the CVS (which I'm not).

With other words, file permissions have to be set explicitly during
the creation of the tarball.

Given that `make dist' creates a tarball which already contains the
configure script I don't see a need to set the executable bit of
autogen.sh.