Re: [ft] Re: building guide movie

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: Re: [ft] Re: building guide movie
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 17:39:47 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

Actually, I'm very amazed how small the OGG Theora file actually is,
given that it lasts almost 10 minutes...

try x264 in a mkv ;)

What's x264?  And what's `mkv'?  I don't know these acronyms.

mkv is the acronym of matroska, which is a container like avi or ogg
x264 is a codec (more an encoder, btw), based on the powerful h264 specifications. For the same quality, the size of the video file will be smaller than the one of the ogg.

Vincent Torri