Re: [ft] charmap

From: Christian Demmer
Subject: Re: [ft] charmap
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 18:12:11 +0100

Martin Olbrich wrote:
>I am using the Arial.ttf and cant get the right character mapping for
>special german characters "äöüß" although my charmap is unicode.
>Can it have to do with the character values of those being negative?

Positive:

  FT_EXPORT( FT_UInt )
  FT_Get_Char_Index( FT_Face   face,
                     FT_ULong  charcode );

So, if you pass a small negative value to unsigned long charcode, you
will get a problem, that means a really big number.

I don't know what is best practice in C, declare text unsigned char * or
tell the compiler chars are unsigned or insert a type cast.

Hope that helps,

Christian