Re: [ft] FT_New_Face

From: Wenlin Institute
Subject: Re: [ft] FT_New_Face
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 13:09:13 -0700

On Sep 18, 2006, at 10:34 PM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

How about making FT_New_Face more usable on Win32, always supporting
UTF-8 as well as the default encoding.  This could go in ftstdlib.h:
[...]

This looks nice, but...

I haven't been able to test this yet. Maybe someone will want to.

I need tests since I don't use Windows.

Understood. I'll do the testing eventually if no one else does. My Windows XP machine died a while ago. (I'll have to get one soon since most of my customers use Windows.) I normally cross-compile for Win32 on my Macintosh, but haven't tried to cross-compile Freetype. It's not clear how soon I can work on this, so I made the code available in case anyone else has the time and interest to try it sooner. For my own purposes I can work around the problem by using FT_New_Memory_Face on Win32, until FT_New_Face is fixed.

All the best,

Tom

文林 Wenlin Institute, Inc.        Software for Learning Chinese
E-mail: address@hidden     Web: http://www.wenlin.com
Telephone: 1-877-4-WENLIN (1-877-493-6546)
☯