[ft] Patented font hinting

From: Tomasz Lorek
Subject: [ft] Patented font hinting
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 10:42:17 +0200

Hi there!
Could anybody help me with the problem? I compiled the libfreetype6
with uncommented #define TT_CONFIG_OPTION_BYTECODE_INTERPRETER in
include/freetype/config/ftoption.h file.
./configure --prefix=/usr && make && make install. Everything goes
fine, my libfreetype6 replaces old ones in /usr/lib, I restart X's
(even whole system) but still my fonts with Gnome Antialiasing turned
off look ugly :-( I saw sombodys else screenshot and it rulez :-)
I have TTF fonts available (Bitstream Vera, even tried with those from
M$). XFT antialiasing works ok, but I don't like it. I guess I've
checked everything what Google said to check and it still doesn't work
:-(

What else can I chceck in my system?

Best regards
teel