[ft] ftstrpnm for FreeType 2 or simple Python bindings? :)

From: Adam Twardoch
Subject: [ft] ftstrpnm for FreeType 2 or simple Python bindings? :)
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 10:40:50 +0200

Guys,

I'm really in a need of a Win32-compiled FreeType 2-compatible application a la ftstrpnm that renders a text into an image file.

Even better, I'd like some simple Python (2.4) bindings that work reliably (I tried the _imagingft library from PIL and it crashes on 2-3% of the fonts). I need to do some rasterization checks on several thousand fonts and I need something that is fast and does not have an overhead of an entire graphic subsystem.

As I said, my preferred environment would be Python 2.4 on Windows, though ideally, it should also work on Python 2.4 on Linux.

Please contact me off-list at address@hidden and tell me how much such a little program/library might cost, or if you know a developer who would be willing to write such a tool.

Regards,
Adam Twardoch

--