[ft] freetype-1.3.1 compile error

From: filippo Lombardo
Subject: [ft] freetype-1.3.1 compile error
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:00:17 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Mr. Rowan,

I'm trying to install GTK+, because I need it to install balsa, my email client compatible  with the qmail maildir format.
I already installed freetype-2.1.10, but I received an error message during fontconfig configure.
In this error message, configure couldn't find some functions of freetype-2.1.10.
Then I thought that maybe I did something wrong during the installation, and I read again some freetype documentation.
I noticed a statement in which documentation said freetype2 and freetype1 were not compatible.
Unfortunately, I have not any experience with libraries, and decided to erase libttf.so.2.3.0 and its symlink, which lied in /usr/lib on my system

At the nex reboot of the system, however, httpd complained giving an error message, and I thought it was related with the erasure of freetype1 libttf.so.2.3.0.

I thought that if I have put back this library, httpd wouldn't have complained anymore, and asked this list whether freetype-1.3.1 would have provided me with the libttf.so.2.3.0.

Having got positive answer, I went on trying the freetype1 installation, and after having overcome a couple of problems, I got it, but then I received the error message I described in my previous post.

This is the history of what I did to help you understand what I'm doing

I thank you very much for you attention,

Filippo

Bolletta salata? Passa a Yahoo! Messenger with Voice