[ft] Spacing/Kerning wrong on an OpenType (otf) font

From: Brian Gardner
Subject: [ft] Spacing/Kerning wrong on an OpenType (otf) font
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:21:15 -0700

I'm trying to render an OpenType font we have purchased, "Helvetica Neue LT Pro 77 Bold Condensed", and the spacing isn't coming out right. If you look at the spacing between the T and o in Tour it almost looks like Freetype is not performing any kerning. I was hoping somebody could point me in the right direction.

Example using ftstring and Freetype 2.1.10
http://beta.experts-exchange.com/images/ftstring_output.gif

Example using Photoshop
http://beta.experts-exchange.com/images/photoshop_output.gif