Re: [ft] Rendering Windows .fon files

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Rendering Windows .fon files
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 00:35:12 +0100 (CET)

> I am successfully rendering .ttf fonts but when I try a .fon font I
> get junk--just looks like random pixels being set or scrambled
> versions of the characters maybe.

You haven't told us the most important information: Which FreeType
version?

>   const int dpi = 96;
>   const int point = 10;

At 96dpi, ProggyClean.fon has a size of 8pt, not 10pt.  The font
displays just fine with ftview from the current CVS.

>   error = FT_Set_Char_Size(face, point * FT_UNITS, 0, dpi, dpi);

If you post source code please provide a complete example which can be
compiled easily.  What's `FT_UNITS', for example?