[ft] FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden() undefined under Windows

From: Crni Gorac
Subject: [ft] FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden() undefined under Windows
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 21:16:21 +0100

I need to embolden a glyph before rendering it to bitmap, so I
employed FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden().  All works fine under Linux, however
when trying to compile code on Windows, Visual C++ reported "undefined
external symbol _FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden".  I'm using stable 2.1.10
FreeType build on both platforms, on Windows FreeType is compiled
using Visual C++ project files.  So - any suggestion here?

Alternatively:  While googling for this problem and eventual solution
I learned that FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden() is actually some kind of
"experimental API" (I employed it on the first place because it was
used in ftview.c FreeType demo program).  So I guess any pointer on
sample code demonstrating how to use FT_Outline and related functions
(including of course FT_Outline_Embolden()) will do to.  Note however
that, besides having to embolden and then render glyphs to bitmaps,
some other times I have to use FT_Stroker to render actual outline of
glyphs to bitmap.  I found documentation scarce on this and various
other stuff - for example I'm pretty much unsure am I allowed to use
(and change) FT_Outline object that is part of structure pointed by
"glyph" element
from FT_Face structure.

Thanks.