Re: [ft] Creating an [OT]TF font from BDF font

From: Keith Packard
Subject: Re: [ft] Creating an [OT]TF font from BDF font
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 15:29:24 -0800

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 15:12 -0800, George Williams wrote:

> I was told so when I implemented them in fontforge. But I wasn't in the
> initial discussions so I'm not the best source.

I also recall discussions which discovered that the .otb extension was
otherwise unused in most of the world. It doesn't matter at all to me; I
ask FreeType to try and open the font, completely ignoring the extension
has proven a valuable property, although it does sometimes challenge the
FreeType font file handling code with 'unusual' file data.

--
address@hidden