[ft] gbdfed 1.0 released

From: Mark Leisher
Subject: [ft] gbdfed 1.0 released
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 11:27:52 -0700

The release version of gbdfed is available at http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/gbdfed.html.

The primary changes from the beta version are:

1. By request, added back in support for creating/editing 2, 4, and 8 bits per pixel gray scale fonts.
2. Fixed several dialog problems.

The documentation hasn't been properly edited yet, but that will come in patches as I have time to do it.

PS: if there is anyone out there that actually used xmbdfed to create grayscale fonts, you will notice gbdfed does things differently. The color values are now indexes between 1 and 2^bpp - 1 in ascending order instead of 16-bit gray values in descending order. Your glyphs may look inverted. If this is the case, let me know and I will provide a program to convert your grayscale fonts to the new system.
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab            A sneer is the weapon of the weak.
New Mexico State University         -- James Russell Lowell (1819-1891)
Box 30001, MSC 3CRL
Las Cruces, NM  88003