Re: [ft] Creating an [OT]TF font from BDF font

From: George Williams
Subject: Re: [ft] Creating an [OT]TF font from BDF font
Date: 14 Dec 2005 20:13:12 -0800

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 13:16, David Turner wrote:
> PS: By the way, your .otb file doesn't display correctly in ftview,
> I'll try
>       to investigate this later...
I believe this is because the three strikes I used to build the otb file
have different character sets -- none of which is complete. So the 14
pixel strike says it "fails" because it does not contain U+0180 while
the 16 pixel strike does contain it. The 16 pixel strike is lacking
U+02B0 (present in the 24 pixel strike) and the 24 pixel strike is
lacking U+060c (present in the 16 pixel strike). And so on.

I had assumed they'd all have the same character set since they had the
same name, but I guess they don't.

As far as I can tell, it displays the glyphs that exist correctly, but
complains about glyphs not in the current strike.