[ft] FT_New_Memory_Face

From: Memory, Richard
Subject: [ft] FT_New_Memory_Face
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:26:07 -0700

I have a question regarding FT_New_Memory_Face(). I have converted my
arial.ttf file to an array of unsigned bytes, and I have compiled and
linked this array into my application. I then pass a pointer to the
array to FT_New_Memory_Face(), however it returns a non-zero status.

I have already successfully loaded arial.ttf from a file system using
FT_New_Face() which works just fine, so I'm pretty sure the font itself
is good.

I have also looked at arial.ttf in a hexadecimal editor to make sure my
array is correct. I didn't perform an exhaustive comparison, but at
least the first and last several bytes of the file and array match each
other.

Is some sort of an offset from the beginning of the file required when
using FT_New_Memory_Face()?

Thanks,

Richard