[ft] Re: [ft-devel] Make FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden standard API?

From: Chia I Wu
Subject: [ft] Re: [ft-devel] Make FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden standard API?
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 10:56:04 +0800

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 04:05:39PM +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > This patch implements FT_Bitmap_Embolden and FT_Outline_Embolden.
> > It is intended for testing the algorithm and for discussing what
> > arguments should these function calls take.
>
> Since David has fixed the problem (and rejected your modifications
> because of too great distortions under some circumstances), can you
> update your patch?

Updated.

You may think of this patch as:
1. moving outline emboldening code from FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden to
   FT_Outline_Embolden,
2. implementing FT_Bitmap_Embolden, and
3. making FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden depend on both of them.

And as the previous one, both FT_Outline_Embolden and FT_Bitmap_Embolden
needs discussions on what arguments they should take.
> > I also make FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden to use these function calls.  You
> > can see it as an example of how applications are gonna use the
> > function calls and it will eventually be removed.
>
> You mean FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden shall not be added to the library?
A glyph slot should be for glyph loading, not for glyph manipulations.
So I think a FT_Glyph_Embolden might be better.