[ft] Storing font info in my executable

From: Ross Crawford
Subject: [ft] Storing font info in my executable
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 09:42:27 +1000

I have a command-line program which creates 2-d CAD files using scalable
font files. Currently, the user is required to enter the path to such a font
file on the command line, but I have a simple font I want to use as a
default so that parameter is optional. Trouble is, the font I want to use is
not in a font file, just a series of 2-d co-ordinates. I can convert them to
glyphs/outlines manually, but rather than including a font file separately
with my program, I would like to compile the font definition into the
executable.

The function FT_New_Memory_Face() allows me to associate a FT_Face with a
font resource in memory, but I can't find any documentation that about what format the resource should be. Is it just a FT_FaceRec? If so, what elements need to be initialised, and what to? Is there a better way to do what I want?

Any info most welcome.

ROSCO