Re: [ft] Freetype2 - postscript font name

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft] Freetype2 - postscript font name
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 01:07:19 +0900

Hi

I'm glad to hear that my comment is something usuful for you.

On Tue, 3 May 2005 16:58:13 +0300
Mika Kuuskankare <address@hidden> wrote:
>Great, I got it working, however, it sometimes cannot determine the PS
>name even if the font is of type ttf...
>For example, the Font Book of OS X displays the PS name but ftdump.c
>does not. :-(

Oops, if the strange font is bundled to Mac OS X, please let me know
which font is it, I want to check it. According to TrueType font spec:
  http://developer.apple.com/fonts/TTRefMan/RM06/Chap6name.html
it's noted that "A font may have only one PostScript name and that
name must be ASCII." I've ever heard about fonts with UCS-2 encoded PS
fontnames, and some half-baked TTF making tools write null string
to the PS font name entry. But I cannot think Apple distributes broken
fonts with Mac OS X...

Regards,
mpsuzuki