Re: [ft] Telling if a font has TrueType outlines

From: Michael Day
Subject: Re: [ft] Telling if a font has TrueType outlines
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 08:46:31 +1000 (EST)

Hi mpsuzuki,

> Type42 (and its CID-keyed version, Type11) is PostScript
> encapsuled TrueType fonts, therefore it includes glyf table.
> Is it what you want to find? Or what you want to exclude?

I wish to embed the font in a PDF file as a "TrueType" or a "CIDFontType2"
(also TrueType), which requires it to be a TrueType font with TrueType
outlines.

As far as I know, this rules out PostScript fonts with TrueType outlines
and also TrueType fonts with PostScript outlines (OTF fonts).

Perhaps I need to check the font driver to ensure that it is "truetype"
and *also* check that the glyf table exists. That would seem to guarantee
that the font is really a TrueType font with TrueType outlines.

Best regards,

Michael

--
YesLogic Prince prints XML!