Re: Fw: Re: [ft] opentype problems

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: [ft] opentype problems
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 11:00:01 +0900

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:13:35 +0900
address@hidden wrote:

>Just I've checked how modified yngn.otf of decreased-advanceWidthMax
>works with FireFox, and confirmed that OpenType functionalities for
>Burmese script are broken. Furturemore, it seems that all glyphs
>(both of US-ASCII glyphs and Burmese glyphs) are layouted aslike if
>they were "fixed-width". Oops.

Just I've built modified FreeType library which sets
FT_LOAD_IGNORE_GLOBAL_ADVANCE_WIDTH internally and forcibly, and
tested how it works with FireFox. The wrong glyph width problem is
solved, but some Burmese glyphs are lost in rendering. Oops.

The screenshot is shown at http://www.gyve.org/~mpsuzuki/burmese/yngn.html

Regards,
mpsuzuki