[ft] Contour windings

From: Ross Crawford
Subject: [ft] Contour windings
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 12:25:47 +1000

Hi, I had a browse thru the archive but couldn't find any definitive answer.

I want to model Truetype fonts in a 2D CAD program. I have worked out how to get the outlines ok, but I need to triangulate the polygons to fill them in, as well as the background. But it appears that several truetype glyphs have contours within them that are wound in the wrong direction. Does anyone know any 100% guaranteed way of determining the correct direction of contours, to work out if they're outlines or holes?

Thanks for any info

ROSCO