[Freetype] render greek characters

From: Stathis
Subject: [Freetype] render greek characters
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:36:47 +0200

Hi all,

I am trying to render greek text on top of a bitmap. I use standard arial.ttf of windows2000 (I tried other fonts also), which from what I know contains the greek glyphs. Unfortunately I can only render latin characters and any greek ones come up as a white square. I tried setting a lot of different combinations of charmaps/encodings in FT, but still there doesn't seem to be any proper outcome from those changes.

Right now everything is hardcoded, so there is no possibility for the user to select the font, and also set the script, which seems to be what needs to be done. Is that the problem? If so is there a way to do this programmatically?

--stathis