[Freetype] FT_Get_Char_Index() - Do I need to do a character conversion

From: Tim
Subject: [Freetype] FT_Get_Char_Index() - Do I need to do a character conversion for it to work?
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 05:07:06 -0800 (PST)

I finally found a way to draw FreeType glyphs without
valgrind spitting out errors within Xlib(Seems I can't
use the bitmap given by FreeType directly with XImage,
it must be copied). Now that I've got some text in my
application(with a solid background, perhaps the best
way to make the background transparent is to copy the
pixels behind the text first?), I notice that every
character is completely wrong. If I try running an app
that uses a lot more text(this is a library that I'm
using freetype with), almost every character is
returned as undefined by the function mentioned in the
subject. I'm wondering if perhaps I need to do a
conversion to unicode first and if so, what is the
fastest way. Also, on a side note, What is the best
way to cache data from freetype? Cache the glyph
bitmaps? Or the XImages?