Re: [Freetype] Compiling 2.1.7 on Mac OS X

From: Steve Hartwell
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Compiling 2.1.7 on Mac OS X
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 06:35:45 -0800

Hi, Werner,

On Mar 11, 2004, at 10:28 PM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
I would try adding -no-cpp-precomp to the CFLAGS variable.

If that works please tell us so that we can add a note to FreeType.

    Werner

The error is in the source file ftmac.c, which includes a Mac-specific header using 'inline' keywords by default. The problem comes from the -ansi switch to gcc, as Garrick Meeker has recently reported, which causes gcc not to recognize 'inline'.

The simple solution is to change builds/unix/configure to not use -ansi if $host matches *-apple*. However it would be a shame to disable -ansi for the whole build; do you know how to tweak the builds/unix makefile so that only ftmac.c is built without -ansi? I guess it would have to be separated out from ftbase.c in that case...

Steve