Re: [Freetype] News from the field

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Freetype] News from the field
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:11:50 +0100

Hello Torgeir,

Torgeir Veimo wrote:
On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 10:51, David Turner wrote:

  I'll try my best to find some time in the coming days to finalize
  2.1.4 by getting its last important bugs out, which are in my
  opinion:

     - probably a few other annoying things that were lastly revealed
       on the mailing lists, or which  I discovered recently.

Does this include the rendering glitch with the bitstream charter type1
font as described by me here last week?

Probably not. I will only fix problems where:

  - the problem is well identified *and* well understood
  - the fix is obvious *or* has been thoroughly tested

I can only afford "quick looks" at existing problems, and since
touching the hinting algorithms is a *very* delicate process
(one improvement for one font may break other ones) there are
chances that this bug will not be fixed for 2.1.4

Cheers,

- David Turner