Re: [Freetype] Extracting a PFB from an OTF

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Extracting a PFB from an OTF
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 07:29:36 +0100 (CET)

> - - pfaedit is the only thing that once worked for me, but I always
> get segfaults with the newer versions of it.

The author is very quick in fixing bugs.  I highly recommend to work
with this program.

> Would ttf2pt1 work for me if Freetype was able to handle OpenType
> kerning information properly?

Without additional code, no.  It is just for convenience that FreeType
2 extracts kerning from the `kern' table.  Basically, it should be
done by a library one level higher -- first results are in the
`otlayout' subdirectory, but currently noone has time to work on it.