Re: [Freetype] how to find the actual font name from windows

From: Peter Montgomery
Subject: Re: [Freetype] how to find the actual font name from windows
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 16:28:46 -0800

Niels,

> I use the lfFaceName string of the LOGFONT to get the family name and
append the
> 'Regular', 'Bold' or 'Italic' substrings when needed. Then I scan
through my font
> database (or the Window/Fonts directory) using FreeType and try to
match this
> family name to the names in the font files. IMHO, this is the only way
to do it.

Just curious, what font database?  Also, you can't count on the user
installing Windows into the c:\windows directory.  That's why you need
the API call to find the correct path to the font directory.  Assuming
things in Windows programming almost always bites me in the butt.

     Thanks,
     PeterM