Re: [Freetype] Patch for ftpascal...

From: Antoine Leca
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Patch for ftpascal...
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 12:14:50 +0100

Carl Eric Codere wrote on Saturday, February 01, 2003 4:39 PM:

Sorry for the sooooooooo late answer; our mail server did break down.

> The latest versions of the freepascal compiler
> does stricter checking on the syntax, as a result, the
> freetype for pascal library no longer compiles.

Well, at first sight, the new "stricter" syntax checker is really a move
*away* from original Borland (and any other compilers) compatibility
(not to mention that programs intended to work on both environments look
ugly). Certainly reasons are very good to do this (and yes, I do know
about the "addition" of the @ syntax to deal with overloading), but my
mind is that is not a move in the good direction, rather the reverse.

However I am certainly not the good guy to discuss over this.

> A diff is included for the two files which cause problems,
> if someone could apply them to ftpascal, i would be greateful...

OK, I will check that in, since it appears to compile with my 0.99.14,
it will not probably hurt anybody out there...

Regards,
Antoine