[Freetype] output fonts to bmp bitmap file?

From: trshfrahreh raheaeh
Subject: [Freetype] output fonts to bmp bitmap file?
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 06:45:45 -0500 (EST)

I'm new to freetype2 and I just want to do some quick comparisons. I walked
through the first C tutorial and wrote a program to render fonts. Now I want to
be able to see them.

What is the easiest way to output rendered fonts to a bmp bitmap file? Or any
other standard graphics file format?

Instead displaying fonts on the screen I'd just like to render them to a file
and use a standard image viewer ( like mac osX preview ) to look at the output.

I don't know if it exists already but, one handy little function in the
freetype2 library to output rendered fonts to any standard binary file format
would be a nice hardware independent way of viewing rendered fonts.

Is there a function that does this?

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com