Re: [Freetype] font rendering changes

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Freetype] font rendering changes
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 23:17:41 +0100

Hello,

Vianney Lecroart wrote:

Hello,

I use freetype for 2 years now, and it seems, that, in the new version
that the font style changed. I always use the same font but the
rendering is really different. I didn't make more test but I would like
to know if it's normal?
Well, you don't provide much information about what version of FreeType you're using, wether you enabled the bytecode interpreter, or even the name of the fonts affected by
the change, don't you ;-)

Apart from that, rendering has changed considerably between the current sources and
FreeType 2.0.9. See the following page for details:

 http://www.freetype.org/hinting/smooth-hinting.html

I'll be rewriting part of it this week-end by the way...

Best Regards,

- David Turner