[Freetype] bad Type1 font???

From: Anthony Feick
Subject: [Freetype] bad Type1 font???
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 14:34:10 -0600

I have a Type 1 Arial font that was "Generated by Fontographer 4.1". This font works in windows, but Freetype cannot recognize the font file. It a "T1_Err_Invalid_File_Format" error in read_binary_data (src/type1/t1load.c line 777). This test on line 793 fails:

 (FT_Byte)( *cur - '0' ) < 10

because it evaluates to 11. This may be a corrupt/bad font, or it may just be something freetype isn't handling correctly.

I'm not sure I want to email this font to the general list, but I'll email directly if someone can take a look at it. I would really appreciate any help.

-Tony

Internet access plans that fit your lifestyle -- join MSN. http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/default.asp