[Freetype] Please help with compile of freetype2 on Windows 2000

From: John Pummill
Subject: [Freetype] Please help with compile of freetype2 on Windows 2000
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 19:12:58 -0400

Hi All,

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on compiling freetype2
on Windows 2000.  I am using visual C++ 6.0, and I have downloaded the
current freetype2 v. 2.1.2 files.  I have also downloaded the current
version of GNU make per request.

At first when I enter "make setup visualc" I get the following:

    builds/win32/detect.mk:62: *** missing `endif'.  Stop.

I find  that there appears to be two missing endif statements at the end of
this file so when I add them and retype
"make setup visualc", I then get the following:

    make: Nothing to be done for `setup'.
    make: *** No rule to make target `visualc'.  Stop.

I am not sure where to go from here.  If anyone has some ideas, I would
really appreciate the help,
jpummill