Re: [Freetype] webdings and php

From: Detlef Würkner
Subject: Re: [Freetype] webdings and php
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 11:03:02 +0200

address@hidden (Daniel Khan) wrote:

> Hi Detlef,
>
> > Didnt know what php is (unknown on Amiga ;). Ok, its not a php problem.
> > And not a FreeType2 problem. Must be a GD problem since php uses gd to
> > call FreeType2. Looked into the GD source code and found that:
>
> [code and patch]
>
> Thank's. I applied the patch and recompiled everything.
> A group of fonts we used do work now.
> Webdings still doesn't.

Hm - does it work with the glyph code written as  instead of
encoding it in UTF-8? Should display a spider with webdings.ttf.

> Shall I adress this issue to the maintainers of gd, or to the php group?

If  works but UTF-8 not then GD was compiled with the option
JISX0208 which IMHO prevents decoding of UTF-8 encoded character codes.
Then try to find out why this option was set.

If  also does not work I've no idea. Anyway, the patch I've
created is to fix an existing bug in gd.

Ciao, Detlef
--
_ // address@hidden
\X/  Detlef Wuerkner, Langgoens/Germany