[Freetype] Typo in the documentation?

From: xaviergonz
Subject: [Freetype] Typo in the documentation?
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 17:02:16 +0200

Hello, I just noticed that in freetype 2.0.9 documentation (I don't know
about newer ones),
in the section /docs/reference/ft2-glyph_management.html#FT_GlyphRec
advance is marked as 16.6 fixed point. Isn't advance really 26.6 fixed
point? Since to get
pixels out of it I have to right shift it by 6 and not 16... Or am I
mistaken?

Also I had a question, why is sometimes ascender a lot bigger than a big
character like 'A'
in for example arial.ttf? I ask this because I would like to render text in
a rectangle being
the top left corner the top of that 'A' (that I suppose in arial.ttf is one
of the highest characters).
Anyway to do that? (given any text of course)

Also why is height smaller than ascender + descender sometimes?

And my last question, what is the easiest way to translate font units into
pixels?

Thanks a lot!